Information for Institutional Researchers on WASC Handbook Revision
To both meet external requirements of the U.S. Department of Education and fulfill promises made to institutions in the region, WASC has embarked on a thorough review of its Standards of Accreditation, related policies, and institutional review process. This section was designed to provide CAIR Special Interest Group (SIG) meeting documments and other materials related to WASC Handbook Revision.
CAIR Special Interest Group (SIG) at the 2011 WASC-ARC (on April 6, 2011):
Important Materials Related to WASC Handbook Revision:
- WASC Handbook Steering Committee’s Updates
- Redesigning WASC: Summary of WASC Task Force Findings and Recommendations
- Redesigning WASC: Summary of Six Concept Papers
- WASC Core Values, Timelines and Ways to Participate
- Summary of Commission Goals for Handbook Redesign Process
- Commission Values for Implementing the 2012 Handbook
- Members of WASC Steering Committee and Task Forces Reviewing Handbook
- Lumina Degree Qualifications Profile
- WASC CONCEPT papers
- To order the Lumina Degree Qualification Profile – DQP (free of charge), Click Here
- Additional information on the WASC Handbook revision
Research Papers on Predicting Graduation Rates:
- Kroc, R., Woodard, D., Howard, R., & Hull, P. (1995). Predicting Graduation Rates: A Study of Land Grant, Research I and AAU Universities.
- Kroc, et al. (1997). Graduation Rates: Do Students’ Academic Program Choices make a Difference?
- Astin, A. (1997). How Good is Your Institution’s Graduation Rate.
Forms that can be used to provide your response on WASC Handbook Revision:
(Note: Please submit your response to Terri Cannon by Monday, May 2, 2011)
- Focus on Graduation and Retention
- Focus on Core Areas of Learning and Lumina Degree Qualifications Profile (DQP)
- Focus on Levels of Learning (as described in Lumina DQP)
* PDF Format: requires Adobe Acrobat Reader